Serving the Community
The Love God Ministry team supports the congregation’s love of God by promoting and supporting the worship of the Lord. This is done by supporting all aspects of church services and events that increase knowledge, response and reflection on the Love of God.
The Love God Ministry is responsible for a number of programs related to Sunday morning services including Sunday School, Ushers, Nursery Care during the worship service, Activity Time for the younger children during the latter half of service, Communion, and Arrangements for Fellowship Time after the service.
The Ministry team also coordinates promoting worship through Music and the Arts. The Team is responsible for our Music Program, working with the Music Director who provides music for church services and conducts the church choir. The team also runs Bravo Family Theater which stages a number of musical theater performances each year and runs a Theater Camp each summer.
The Love God Team also oversees our youth programs.
The Live Christ Ministry team is dedicated to promoting a life style of living by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His living in us. The small group of folks on this ministry team work year round to promote activities that reach out to meet physical and spiritual needs of folks in local communities as well as within the FBC congregation. The team is inspired by and often takes direction from reading the word of God where we see how Christ lived and taught during his ministry on earth.
The Live Christ Ministry is responsible for a number of programs that are organized and carried out by the wider FBC congregation.
- Invite a Friend or Neighbor to Church is a new event organized by the team in 2013. Christ’s last command on earth was the Great Commission and it is this command that we are seeking to obey as we go out and regularly invite our unchurched friends, neighbors, and family members to attend worship with us at FBC.
- Four raised vegetable beds on the church front lawn. Folks from within FBC work together to raise vegetables that are sold to raise funds for the Wachusett Food Pantry.
- An outreach to the less fortunate folks in the South Main Street area of Worcester. One Sunday afternoon each month, FBC teams up with three other churches to provide beverages, food, clothing, hygiene items, a gospel message and one on one prayer for our neighbors in need.
- The Door to Door Prayers of Blessing community outreach in which teams of two go out into the neighborhoods of Holden to knock on doors, pray, and be friendly in the name of Christ.
- Live Christ ministry is responsible for FBC’s annual Stewardship pledge campaign. This campaign encourages biblical stewardship and gathers financial pledges that support FBC’s efforts to continually carry out the will of God.
Gal 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
Light the Path
The Light the Path ministry is responsible for missions work, both locally and worldwide. Its mission is to help people to realize the mission God has planned for them and to pursue mission work and spreading the word of the Lord.
Some of the missions it currently supports include several college ministries through Missions Door and CRU, Good Samaritan Hospital in LaRomana, Dominican Republic, and New Life Center in Thailand.
Light the Path is also responsible for reviewing /approving new members as well as an annual review of current membership rolls. It also represents First Baptist Church at various mission related and/or American Baptist events.